Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 Spare parts from Hi-Rez Service
The Snell Community
September 24, 2018, 04:46:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spare parts from Hi-Rez Service  (Read 9028 times)
nesdam
Site Admin

« on: April 06, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »

Please post here any info you have on your experience with Snell spare parts from Hi-Rez Service.
javilha

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »

Are the reason for this topic, that there is problems with the spare parts from Hi-Rez Service? We can never know, can we?
nesdam
Site Admin

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:44:21 PM »

The reason is that I until now have heard almost nothing about the service of Hi-Rez. So I hope people people with experiences about it will let others know in this thread.
nesdam
Site Admin

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »

Hvulpus' experience with new parts from HiRez for his AIII:

http://www.snell.no/forum/index.php/topic,2182.0.html
Feskar69
Just getting started

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »

Please post here any info you have on your experience with Snell spare parts from Hi-Rez Service.
I have bayed replacement drivers for my snell AII,m they have very good service and sells only original spare parts. So i can recommend this company 
Pure_Brew
Just getting started

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »

I'll say this much. I just talked to them and they acquired EVERYTHING from Snell service. They are having limited runs manufactured and are still voice matching drivers to the masters, so any replacement drivers will also come with the replacement crossover components just as before. Bob Graffy, formerly with Snell is also helping them out. This is within driving distance from my house, and at some point I will be stopping by. I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I do.

I think this is good news and a relief for fans.

Cheers.

Blog: Flux Junk
javilha

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 05:03:33 PM »

That is very nice to hear, that the Snell's still are in very good hands.  Smiley
mcbuddah
Just getting started

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 06:54:23 PM »

I bought replacement front woofers for my venerable 'B's early in 2014 and have no serious complaints. They sound great after a lengthy break-in.
The only actual complaint I have is that the material added for mass-loading is milky white and looks bad when I have the grills removed.
The replacement uses a different hole-pattern and its frame is approximately 3mm larger than the originals, but I few minutes work by a local woodshop
had that sorted out with a router in just a few minutes and well under $100 in fees.

In May, 2015, I will have owned these babies for 25 years and I really love them. I am grateful to HiRez for their help in saving them for me. Everything else
on them is original except for upgraded fuses and I did install Rhodium Cardas Patented Binding posts on them to better care for the silver ribbon speaker cables
I bought from Ridge Street Audio. These ribbons have a spade-lug shaped notch milled in at the factory and the standard binding posts that rotate as they
close were killing them.
javilha

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 09:00:23 PM »

The woofers in type B, i are the same as those who are used in type C4. The replacement are the same in all C's from the first to no' 4. It's not the meaning, that you are suppose to play music, with the grilles of. It's what there is comming out of the speaker, as good music. But it is these woofers you are have in the B's now, I guess. I do hope, you are enjoy the B's and your music. I got new woofers in my A2's for 5 years ago, and is also very satisfied with the result. They do not have mass loading in milky White, but in normal Black. But it does not mean anything at all. Her they are.

* Ny Ci bas._1.jpg (27.33 KB, 400x300 - viewed 368 times.)

* ny A2 bas.jpg (29.4 KB, 300x400 - viewed 343 times.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 09:05:34 PM by javilha » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: