Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 J 11 Crossover Diagram
The Snell Community
September 26, 2018, 01:58:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: J 11 Crossover Diagram  (Read 3791 times)
Ibis
Just getting started

« on: March 10, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »

Hi Guys another crossover question.  I have just bought some drivers from an old E 11 and "Nesdam" very kindly sent a diagram for the crossover, thank you.  I have found out that the rear driver of the E11 is not present as it  was "disabled" on import to the UK so I am either going to use the E 11 crossover diagram without the rear tweeter connected or I thought if the same drivers were used in the J11 ( without the rear firing speaker ) I could build a pair of these instead of the E11. The question is are they the same drivers in both types and does anyone have a crossover diagram for the J11.   Would really appreciate any help on this to try and get another pair of these great speakers back running. Thanks Ibis
javilha

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »

I can help you to say, that the driver are the same in E2 and J2, but I don't have a diagram for the J2. But the crossover points are the same (2300hz) and the J2 have some conjugate adjustments due the smaller cabinet.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:43:57 PM by javilha » Logged
nesdam
Site Admin

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »

The drivers in EII and JII are identical, except for the rear tweeter. I am sure the crossovers are almost identical.

You can use the EII crossover without the 1 ohm resistor/3 uF capacitor in series with the rear tweeter. The sound will be better without the rear tweeter.

The baffle dimensions and driver placement should be the same as in EII, or the crossovers will not work properly.

Note that the .5 ohm resistors in series with the inductors are the series resistance of the inductors!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:09:37 PM by nesdam » Logged
Ibis
Just getting started

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:41:57 AM »

Thanks very much Nesdam and Javilha for your clarification on this.
Thats good news as it gives me the option of building either a J11 cabinet or the E11.  I haven't decided yet which to build, I guess the E would have a stronger bass being larger but I have already built a pair of  ANEs  so the smaller J11 is very tempting .
Thanks again. Ibis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: