Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 Snell D Questions
The Snell Community
August 17, 2018, 05:59:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snell D Questions  (Read 6436 times)
elgato
Just getting started

« on: October 30, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »

1. I noticed a clunk when tilting one of the D's. The crossover has come loose and is laying on the brace below the woofer and above the connection panel.
    So far I have been unable to remove the woofer but can see and access the crossover through the rear connector plate. Does anyone have a photo or diagram of the inside of the D's so I can see where the crossover should be mounted?

2. Did these speakers have internal Monster Cable?

3. The woofers are really in tight. I am afraid that prying much harder could damage the basket or cabinet. How do the Pros get these out?

4. I need to replace the lower grill cloth that is permanently attached to the cabinet. Do you just pry it away from the cabinet? How is it reattached? Is the cloth still available?

Thank you for any help or advice you may offer.
elgato
Just getting started

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 02:51:19 AM »

This probably should have been in the DIY thread.
I ended up answering most of my own questions.

1.I was very surprised at how big and heavy the crossover was. The components are mounted on
   1/2" MDF which is screwed to the back panel. Once opened it was obvious where it should be. The
   three screws had loosened and fallen out.

2. These D's have pretty heavy Monster cable. I am pretty sure it is factory.

3. The 8" woofer is not glued in but was very tight. I took a 1/4" sheet metal screw and ground the tip off
    a bit. The 1/4" screw will fit nicely in one of the mounting holes without going too deep. You can then use it
   to pull without prying on the frame or cabinet.

4. Still not sure how these were attached or if its possible to match the cloth.

Thanks
javilha

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »

It's great, that you had find a way to get the woofer out. Yes, crossovers by Snell is very big an complex. Can I ask you to post a Picture of the crossover here in this thread. I have a very long thread about Snell in another site, and do not have a Picture of type D and it's crossover. But I have one of type C5, who is the big Brother of type D, so the crossovers are almost the same. The Picture does not have to be bigger than 100kb or less.
The wires in the Snells, have been several types. The first was Livewire, and Kimber has been used, so I think that Monster has too. The binding posts has for many years, been from Monster.  Smiley
elgato
Just getting started

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »

I would be happy to post a few pics but I do not know how to do it.

Thanks
javilha

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »

When you are writing a issue, there is a point under the sqare, you are writing in "Additional options". Here, you can also mark, that you want a mail info, if there are persons, who are answering your post.  Smiley
Stefan I

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:45 PM »

Put those pictures here in the thread, i'm sure we are a few here that wants to see them.
elgato
Just getting started

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 10:32:36 AM »

It keeps blowing up with an HTTP 500 internal server error.
elgato
Just getting started

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »

Lets try this.
http://s200.photobucket.com/user/elgato1981/library/?sort=4&page=1
javilha

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »

There are no Pictures to see in that link. Maybe I have to be a member, before I can see anything.  Smiley
Stefan I

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 05:01:36 PM »

They are there, you don't have to be a member.
javilha

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »

When I first came on the site by the link, there was nothing to see. But when I tryed to click on the Little Photo on elgato's Little logo, they came along. But i first came on that idear, when I had tryed 3 times. Grin Yes, they are there.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: