Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 Type A/III - bi-wire able or not?
The Snell Community
January 18, 2018, 10:48:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Type A/III - bi-wire able or not?  (Read 1465 times)
DRCope
Just getting started

Old dog still learning new tricks.

« on: March 21, 2015, 10:01:29 PM »

I've just acquired a pair of A/III in the last week. They were supplied with 14g solid core 'stove wire' jumpers. Today, after reading the manual and a number of online copies of magazine reviews, all of which discuss bi-wiring at considerable length, I disconnected the jumpers and ran a second set of speaker cable to the woofer unit posts.

Now a friend who worked for a Snell dealer for some time tells me that there is no crossover in the bottom half, that It's not possible to bi-wire them and that I'm now running the woofer full range.

I'm very confused and don't see a clean way into either half to see the crossover and make a determination myself. Can anyone here help.

Thanks!

Original K - with bi-wire posts
A III

Audio Note K/SPe, J/D, E/SPe HE
AN CDT One, Three, DAC2.1x Sig, 3.1x Balanced II
M6 Phono pre, Conqueror, P2SE Sig, Empress Silver amps, Jinro Sochu
nesdam
Site Admin

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:15:30 PM »

The woofer crossover is placed in the woofer section and thus you can biwire them. I did so when I owned a pair of AIII. Check the manual if you are in doubt:

http://www.snell.no/Manuals/A-III_Manual.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: