Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 Type A for sale - price reduced to sell.
The Snell Community
August 20, 2018, 09:35:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Type A for sale - price reduced to sell.  (Read 1463 times)
jimcamp
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:07:08 PM »

I'm selling my original Type A's, S/N 855 and 856 purchased in 1979.  These are the "improved" series 1.  The cabinets are in excellent condition.  The wood still looks fantastic, grill cloths are perfect, they are aesthetically in fine condition.  The original woofers were replaced rather than refoamed with Eminence Alpha 10.  They sound great.  My original thought after replacing the woofers was that the low end was a little stronger than it used to be.  After comparing to some Definitive Technology towers they don't have as much low end as today's subwoofer oriented speakers, still solid.  The mid fuse holder on the upper left cabinet needs to be replaced.  It has been used for the last 20 years stuffed with aluminum foil to make it work.  I have the original shipping boxes, which are a little rough but still will protect them.  They would be best picked up in Southeast Michigan.  Asking $100 for the pair. Will ship in original boxes if desired.  Buyer will pay actual cost.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:27:11 AM by jimcamp » Logged
trinhsman

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 12:57:17 PM »

The condition of your speakers look great.  However, those that would be most interested will shy away, because of not using the original Snell woofer as the replacement.  Decent shape Type A's in original good condition have sold I the 400-600 range in the states.  With "non Snell" woofers, I would expect less.  I personally own 3 sets of Snells.  Love them all.  One set I have highly modified, and know they are basically not a Snell speaker now.  However, I would put them up against any other Snell of that model, because they are now that good.  I wish you luck in your sale.
Hetsovin
Just getting started

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 06:09:00 AM »

I want to come to some knowledge that I have not known before.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: