Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 AIII question
The Snell Community
November 25, 2017, 12:02:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AIII question  (Read 278 times)
bedenny
Just getting started

« on: July 08, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »

Hello. First post. Just picked up a pair of A IIIs from a local thrift store for $45. Mid surrounds look great (have not looked at the woofers yet) but there is quite a big gap between the cloth/felt? And the cabinet. It looks similar to this picture I found on the web, where you can see the yellow foam in the gap. Is this normal or do I need to address the issue. Thanks in advance.
-Ben

* IMG_0569.JPG (1110.93 KB, 1728x3072 - viewed 66 times.)
montaldos
Getting there

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 03:21:35 AM »

Hi Ben. Did you ever get a reply? I could not see your picture because it wouldn't open on my phone for some reason. $45.... Seriously? What a steal. Did you get a look at the woofers?
javilha

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »

Have to guess, what you mean. Is it the big curved front, who is familiar to thick paper box materials. Maybe some of this, is missing by damage, then you can see inside. Is it the top and sides, where the grilles are mounted to the top cabinet, it is normal, because it is just the big curved surface, who is mounted to the top cabinet. It is not totally close to the cabinet. It's ok here. The mids are mounted in a tube, who has som thick felt around it, and again, put in a bigger tube, mounted on the back of the top cabinet. So the mids are in that way placed in cabinets on there own, so the mids will not receive any vibration from the outside and the woofers movements. The tweeter are not either mounted on the surface directly, but on som wood pieces from the backside. Without any grilles on the top, you can see the damping fill on the sides and top. Nothing is wrong here, it's ok.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:24:02 PM by javilha » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: