Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 C/V advice
The Snell Community
December 15, 2017, 05:05:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C/V advice  (Read 93 times)
Vandalfsens
Just getting started

« on: November 27, 2017, 02:23:37 AM »

I am running an Adcom 2535 at 60wpc into 8ohms and 90 into 4. Currently I have Hafler 300 which feature a 8” rear firing woofer, two mids and supposedly a Vifa tweeter. They are circa 1989. I’m happy with them but always looking for more. I listen to just a lot of classic rock, jazz and classical. Much of it is via my Pro-ject rpm5.1.

There’s a nice pair of C/V nearby and I’m interested. They appear easy to drive and I would be able to bi-wire.

I cannot demo them but would anticipate an improvement.

My listening space is smaller- about 10x12.

Thoughts? Do they often require, or benefit from, having the crossovers rebuilt? Drivers updated?

Thanks!
trinhsman

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:30:05 AM »

Based on your room size, the speakers may be a bit much.  However, if the price was right, I would get them.  I have 3 sets of Snells and love them all.  As to the crossovers, ONLY rebuild them if you have someone that will duplicate everything exactly as they are now, to include bundling the capacitors.  I did this with my E II's with great results.
javilha

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 01:44:22 PM »

If you look at the components in the crossover of the C5, you will se, that they don't have any parts, who will have no reason to replace. They are all in the best end. The units have rubber surrounds, so you will not have to replace them, unless you destroy them in some way.  Smiley If the 10x12 is in meters, so the room is 10 m wide and  12m long, you are having a lot of room for the C5. They need at least 30m2, and it seem that you are having a lot more.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: