Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /customers/e/4/0/snell.no/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 Info WANTED!!
The Snell Community
June 24, 2017, 02:46:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Some downtime after hacking - All issues fixed and we are online again!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Info WANTED!!  (Read 45959 times)
foo
« on: March 31, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »

Thank you for a great page, Jones!

I am listening to Bob Dylan on my Snell A3's as I am writing this, so I might be a little biased..

But suggestions for additions to the site:

- Variations of different models. I saw a light veneer/ grey grillcloth version of the A3 on the site which were beautiful. It would be interesting to see any other variations of the different models.

- More on peter Snell, the man and his philosophy. I have found some stories here and there on the internet, but a more complete story would be great.

- A page of exchange parts for vintage models with makes and numbers of the different drivers.

- Links from the different models to other sources like Audioreview, etc. for easy access to user reviews, opinions, mods (hmm..?) etc..

- Used prices...? (difficult terrain to navigate, I know..but still interesting).

Just a few suggestions.

It is a great initiative to keep the name of Peter Snell alive as a high-end guru in these times of mass-market, mid-end madness.

His top-of-the-line speakers are so cheap these days, it is almost embarrasing. I bought my A3's for 10 000 Norwegian Kroners ($ 2 000) about a year ago, and I dear anyone to find a better full sound speaker for that price, by ANY make, vintage, old or brand new. Or a more stylish one, for that matter.

Just my 2 cents.

Foo

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: